SDK's Scraptuary

Monday, August 8, 2011

Funday Monday

Good Afternoon from the Scraptuary :) 
Today is Funday Monday where I journey down memory lane, and travel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
back in the craft files of creative days gone by. Five years ago I used to make lapel pins out of fun foam. I would create them either by the variety of shape buckets or punch out basic shapes with handpunches and hot glue them together to make whatever character or figure I wanted.The most requested were for the major seasons and holidays during the year. I sold them for a $1 each to friends and family.

Why fun foam you ask? Well it was affordable, usually always on sale, easy to work with, and you can make alot of them for very little cost. They also turned out more lightweight than your typical brooch. The most fun of making them for me was adding the detail...can you guess what I used? ok because i know it's just between us, I'll let you in on one of my secrets... The dimensional  Tulip Fabric Paint. It is perfect for projects like this, comes in every color imaginable, has a very small tip which allows awesome control for detailing, drys quickly without flaking or rubbing off. One of the amazing things is I still get asked about them to this day. Some of my friends still wear them occasionally which makes me smile everytime I think about it..to me it's the greatest compliment anyone can give a crafter when they hang on to your art for years.
 
I am so looking forward to our visit tomorrow for Useday Tuesday...some of the scraps and embellishments in the Scraptuary that have not been touched in awhile will be put to good use to encourage family or friends...hmmmm will it be a card or decor piece? 
Please drop in to find out.
 
Hope you enjoyed this Funday Monday post :) 
-----%--<@ Until we visit again, thanks for droppin' in@>--%-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means alot to me that you stopped by...please leave me a comment and let me know whatcha think @>-%---
Thank you ~Stephanie